Our zine is comprised of creator/founder stories, and aims to connect women of entrepreneurial spirit, in their respective ethnic, local and global communities. This is a pandemic production, celebrating women we admire, who keep forging ahead, despite the successive crises that have occurred since March of 2020. We encourage one another to fulfill our unique and individual purpose.
A community zine initially started by a group of women during quarantine, that is now branching out to create an inclusive small business platform, to encourage the ventures and supplemental income initiatives of women. We believe slow and sustainable innovations lead to more choices in the marketplace, ultimately contributing to a healthier economy where consumers can purchase goods and services tailored to their needs, and that resonate with them ethically.
Stay tuned while we organize as a nonprofit and complete all compliance measures necessary. In the meantime, we are looking for collaborative opportunities to help women in the context of small businesses. Please contact us if you have a cause that you would like Slow + Sustain Magazine™ (part of It’s Work[s] Collective, Corp.) to align with. We will explore the opportunity to see how we can be of service, whether in our independent publication, online events and workshops, or in some other way that benefits the person or community inquiring.
What we offer subscribers:
- We share a wide array of goods and services with our readers that they might not otherwise have known about
- Raise funds for the promotion of small businesses and women owned businesses
- Support the arts, including illustration, wearable art, small-batch operations, and artisans
- Tell readers about relatively safe interactive experiences they can patronize under pandemic circumstances, such as virtual experiences, small art galleries, take-out eateries, and creative outdoor activities as quarantine restrictions begin to ease in our respective locales
- Access to “perks” and “specials” offered by participating small businesses
What we offer participants:
- Exposure and support from others in our community via biannual zines and year-round events/workshops involving the public
- The opportunity to cross audiences and pool resources in an interactive manner
- Peer reviews and focus groups for feedback
- Increase traffic by disseminating useful information about your project/initiative/business to a wider audience
The information published and contained on this website is provided for informational and recreational purposes only. Slow + Sustain Magazine, its parent company, It’s Work[s] Collective, Corp., owners, operators, agents and volunteers (“We”) do not warrant or represent that any information placed and/or published on this website is reliable, accurate, complete, error free, verified, peer reviewed or free from defects. We make no representations or warranties whatsoever regarding such information, it is provided as is and should be used at your own risk. Additionally, We do not warrant, endorse, guarantee, assume responsibility or make any representation with regard to any information, product or service that is advertised, offered or provided by or through an third party on the website. We are not and will not be liable for the acts, errors, omissions, representations, warranties, intentional acts or negligence of such third party providers or for any personal injury, property damage, financial damage, expenses, or death resulting directly or indirectly from the engagement or use of the products or services provided by such third parties.
All nutritional, medical, holistic, fitness or health related information published on the website in whatever form (text, photograph, illustration, diagram, advertisement, video, … etc.) is provided purely for informational and recreational purposes. It is not intended to be and should never be used in place of the advice of a physician, nutritionist or licensed medical professional.
We do not authorize anyone to copy materials published on this web site for personal, commercial or non-commercial use. The sites to which our site links remain subject to their own copyright notice. These materials cannot be distributed, modified, posted on a website, or used for public or commercial purposes.
Permission to copy any portions of these publications or post any portions of these publications on a website must be obtained in writing by contacting us.